Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9: Emotional Challenges

Some days start on a sweet note and end up on a sour one. Tonight's reason for things going downhill, is of my own doing. I get so caught up in doing things "just right" that I forget about what really matters.

My husband bought tickets to a concert and instead of making him feel like I was thrilled about it, I brought up the "money issue." It wasn't that much money, but I was being a "budget nerd" and ruined his moment in the sun. The reality of it is, he would've never done that to me, but I did it to him, and hence hurt him. I am not feeling like the good and supportive wife right now.

So, with a sullen heart, I am still going to make my entry of the day, on my food intake and exercise, which at the moment does not feel that significant.......but here it is.


Breakfast: Creamy Oatmeal


Lunch: Spinach salad with tomatoes, bell peppers, and cubed turkey. I used 2 tbsps. of Italian Vinaigrette to top it off.



Dinner: Turkey burgers with steamed endamame beans and side of salad.
This turkey burger recipe from Real Simple Magazine is so tender and juicy. Must give it a try. We as a family prefer turkey burgers over beef these days. They are healthier and tastier and juicier.

3/4 lbs. of ground turkey
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 large egg
3 tbsps. olive oil

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, zucchini, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and egg. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties, turning once, until no trace of pink remains, about 5 minutes per side.

Exercise: 60 jumping jacks
Have not done those since grade school and let me tell you its not as easy anymore. I had to stop and do two sets of 30.

Good night dear friends!

4 comments:

jill said...

Hello there, I am a new follower to your blog and have loved reading your posts everyday. I just had to say that I had a similar experience with my sweet hubby the other day about a suprise date. I felt AWFUL! Luckily men are forgiving:) surprise him with breakfast in bed tomorrow and I'll bet he'll forget all about it!!

On a completely unrelated note...I wanted to tell you how much I admire your faith and diligence, you are such a great example!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

I've been there too. We as moms/wives have the tendency to do that, it seems. Every time I get together with my best friend we each have stories to tell of a time when we were "mean" to our husbands. Not that we meant to...it just kinda happened before we realized it. But they love us through it. Show him you're sorry (however they may be for you, but breakfast in bed sounds FABULOUS!) and I'm sure he'll love you all the more for it! We're human. That's what true love is all about. Loving someone even when they're human...and do human things. :o)

Tomorrow will be better! Chin up!

PS - The food looks delicious!

Rannyjean said...

Corn: My hubby did that to me on our anniversary a few years back. I had purchased tickets to see Chris LeDoux in concert and taken him to dinner beforehand. The concert was delayed a bit and the longer we had to wait, the more he told me how much he didn't want to be there, etc., etc., it not only broke my heart, but my spirit. I don't know that I will ever make plans again for fear I will be disappointed. My husband is a good man and you are a good wife, sometimes, we all just have bad days. I hope things got better as the evening wore on. Sometimes, you have to forget the budget for just a few hours!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin