Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Onesie Update

I apologize for the late update. I have been sick and did not accomplish much. I finally finished them last night. Here are three examples of what you can do with a plain onesie and some frills.

I purchased the ruffles for $1.64/yd at Walmart.

Measured, cut, and then sewed it on to the pre-existing seams on the ruffle and onesie. Added some cute lavender buttons and there you have it.......make sure you sew the buttons on really, really well, to prevent them from falling off and posing as a choking hazard to the infant.


My holiday onesie, I showed a preview of it in my last post, and wanted to show you the final product once the sleeves were sewed on. It can be dressed up with a red skirt for Christmas and you would have a semi-formal outfit for you little one.


This was simple. Sew on a basic stitch around the neckline and sleeves with pink thread and add a cute floral button. Done, but it takes the monotony out of a white onesie with no embellishments.

So many more projects to finish and so little time. Christmas is right around the corner, hope I can get it all done........must keep up on my Vitamin C!

3 comments:

Lily of the Valley said...

Hope you're feeling better, friend.

Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

Oh toooooooooo cute. What an adorable idea!!! I sure am loving your posts...

Carli@fearfullyandwonderfullymade said...

Really cute! I love to embellish my kids undershirts/onesies with iron on transfers! Never thought of actually adding ruflles, buttons etc . . . Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin