Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grocery Spree

The Grocery Challenge was to spend $50 for 7 days worth of food for a family of 5! Well, I am thrilled to say that my overall bill for the groceries in this photo came out to $49.11.I was .89 under my goal, .30 of that was bag discounts
(bring your own Earth Friendly bags).

I love food and cannot live on over-proccessed or unhealthy foods, just to get by financially. The health of my family is too important.
The overall goal then is:
$50 week for a semi-gourmet & healthy menu
.
I did cheat a little and bought 3 boxes of Kraft Mac & Cheese, but that's because the deal was 3 boxes for $1 at Safeway. I will find a way to spice those boxes up too.

I sat down and scanned my cookbooks for some ideas,
and was absolutely shocked to come up with 50 different recipes for my $50 worth of food. Join me for the next 7 days, beginning on Tuesday, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner,
ON A BUDGET, BUT STILL FRESH & FABULOUS!

3 comments:

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

Always looking for new ideas at affordable prices :) yeah!

Pam said...

Looks like you got a lot of food for little money.

Lily of the Valley said...

Holy crap. That's fantastic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin