Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dinner for 8

Barefoot Contessa's
(click for full recipe)

My friends came over last night and this is what I made for a party of 8! I had to use ONLY the ingredients on hand.

Here were some of my altercations to this recipe, that came out Yummy.

I used a whole chicken, carrots, and celery to make homemade broth instead of purchasing it. Simmered it for 2 hours and reserved the chicken meat and carrots for the stew.

For the roux, I used 2% milk instead of the heavy cream. Skipped out on the frozen small onions.Did not use parsley for the biscuits. The stew was a hit.

My friends loved it and there was enough to fill up all 8 bellies and then some. Thankfully they brought the wine and we did not serve dessert because I ran out of ingredients.

The cost per serving: $1.04 (includes Salad too)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so yummy!!! XOXOXOX Kat

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

Soups are wonderful - nutritious & cheap! Love it... :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin