Saturday, September 12, 2009

9/11 Memorial Site in Broomfield, CO


Yesterday, I felt the urge to take time out of my daily routine and pay tribute to our Nation and those we lost of September 11, 2001. I just discovered by watching the news in the morning, that there is a 9/11 Memorial at the Broomfield County Park, which contains a piece of metal from the World Trade Center. It felt like the perfect place to go.




A Statue of a little girl and police officer comforting one another on that day.

A list of countries that lost citizens on 9/11. It wasn't just a tragedy for the US but for the International Community. Click on image for a closer view of the countries listed.


The numbers of victims.

"Let's Roll" Flight 93 Plaque and a list of the names. Take a moment a pray for the names, because they did everything in their power to make sure no more lives would be ended on 9/11.


The Pentagon

The World Trade Center Plague. On the back is listed the thousands of innocent souls we lost.



Once I approached this Statue I got chocked up and began to cry. It threw me back to that moment when it all came crumbling down. You cannot be here and not be affected by this piece.



This statue is representative of the mood and the heroes of September 11Th. People helping one another through a tragedy. Scared and unsure of the minute by minute moments.

Lance learned something new yesterday. That once in awhile we need to take time out of our lives and pray for our Country.

1 comment:

Rannyjean said...

I am having a giveaway over on my blog, I know you like getting free things. Even if you don't sew, quilt or craft, the lighted needle threader is a must for everyone!
http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2009/09/fabric-and-notion-giveaway.html

Jean

Blog Widget by LinkWithin