Sunday, August 9, 2009

P/T Vegetarian



I promised to inspire some of you to become Part Time Vegetarians by posting recipes. Some people believe that you are either Vegetarian or Not. My goal is to cut down on meat 5 days out of the week for my health and the environment. So if you prefer, you can call me a Part Time Carnivore.

My efforts were mentioned on Blogher which made me thrilled.

I have an obsession with pancakes, because the variations are endless. This week, I made Blueberry Pancakes (my favorite). I like to place each blueberry individually while the batter is cooking in the pan for that "perfect" effect and to guarantee that there is a plump blueberry in every bite.



Why stop there? After the Blueberry Pancake is on your plate, top it off with Trader Joe's Wild Maine Blueberry Fruit Sauce. You can purchase an 8 oz. bottle for $2.99 and I promise you will not regret it.




For Lunch I cooked Zucchini Primavera. We planted zucchini (part of the squash/pumpkin family) this summer and they grow in abundance. We pick out at least 3 medium sized ones daily. What to do besides Zucchini Bread or Zucchini Lasagna? Zucchini Primavera.

Saute zucchini with garlic, fresh tomatoes, and peas in olive oil for approximately 5 minutes. Add a tablespoon of white wine & basil along with salt and pepper. Serve on a plate with freshly grated Parmesan.

Cook with love and eat with joy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin