Friday, August 7, 2009

The Julie/Julia Project: Review Is In

I was so anxious for Friday, August 7Th to arrive so that I could run to the theater and see the Julie/Julia movie. I recall the first time I saw the preview for it and thinking this movie was made for ME. OK, I am being a tad selfish, because I can guarantee that if you are a blogger yourself or a foodie this movie was made for you too.

I loved it! It met all my expectations. I could relate to everything.

I could relate to being 30 something and not sure where my life is headed.

I could relate to being in culinary school and how impossible it felt just to prove yourself.

I could relate to taking on tasks that I was never able to complete. For example, 1 YR in college for Drama, then 1 Year for Fashion, and finally 1 Year for Culinary. The only thing I was able to ever complete was a 9 month pregnancy and the birthing process. And let's not forget the epidural that made it all possible.

I could relate to the passion I have for writing.

I could relate to how exciting it is when you get that First Comment on your blog from someone other than a family member or personal friend.

I could relate being married to a supportive husband who makes all of this insanity possible and keeps me moving forward.

And I could relate to looking at role models that have inspired me to be something MORE.

Watching the movie, felt like a personal experience. I viewed Julie the way she viewed Julia. Like we had an unspeakable connection, my own imaginary friend.

I forgot the entire time that I was watching Meryl Streep play Julia Child. She was Julia Child. I hope one day they make a movie about Julia Child in its entirety, because she was a remarkable woman.

The movie was witty, inspirational, fun, yummy, touching!

2 comments:

glang6742 said...

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to see the movie.

Kathie said...

I am really looking forward to seeing this movie
for me I felt the same way when I read the book by Gwen marston about Mary Schaffer
I felt I was Gwen with my friend and antique quilt mentor Judy...
and yes I am working on being a part time vegetarian too!
glad I found your blog thru Bumble Beans blog
kathie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin