Thursday, July 23, 2009

DREAM BIG

I just arrived back from Portland. I took a trip with my dear Kate to meet my husband's cousins & their children for the first time and to reunite with their parents, Aunt Carol & Uncle Marv. Family ties are as important to me as breathing, thanks to my mother's legacy, and it was time for all of us to get acquainted.

I will publish several posts to cover my trip, but for now I will start backwards.

On the plane ride back to Denver, I couldn't stop thinking about how the entire family has accomplished so much. From running marathons, to earning their college degrees, to a comfortable retirement and working from home. There was plenty to be inspired by.

I went there to bond with family, which we did, but also flew home contemplating my own destiny.

Why have I never followed through with my own education? What am I waiting for when it comes to saving money for my retirement? What do I want to do with my life? What can I do to be a further example for my own children? Why am I not making the most of my abilities? The list goes on and on, but the result was the same, I need to make a change. A change for the better and a change for my future.

Is 34 years old too old to start over again? Not if you have 60 more years of life. And even if you don't, how can pursuing your dreams and a secure retirement be any worse than hating the job you show up for day in and day out?

I sat down and listed my interests while infusing it with education requirements and potential salaries. I came up with 5 choices........you must go down to the bottom of the page to view them.

In the meantime, thank you.................



Aunt Carol



Uncle Marv



Cousin Chris



Cousin Brishan



and Cousin Larissa............

for inspiring me to take on a new venture to a more meaningful and successful life.

HELP ME DECIDE ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS.

That's right, you get to vote and Post Your Comment on what degree I should pursue, just like you voted on my Zipling (which will take place next month). I love all 5 and I need your help.....


Will it be.......................


A. Dietician/Nutritionist


B. Film Editor


C. Photographer


D. Food Scientist


E. Journalism


I look forward to your vote and your insight!!!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are all great choices! Follow your heart...it won't lead you astray. I love big dreams!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Follow your heart my dear. I recall food being of special interest...

Bella said...

Try doing a little bit of each; then go after the one you like best. Good luck!

glang6742 said...

You could combine them all and be a food editor, food critic, etc.

Peggy said...

I say photographer. I also agree in following your heart. But if I had to choose FOR you, definitely photographer.

Dana said...

If You love them all equally, you can pursue the rest of the ones you do not choose as future career, as hobbies. I say dietician/nutritionist is fun and scientific in the same time; involves food and has great business potential. also, I would take a look into the CO market, is there a need of dieticians/nutritionists?

Kathie said...

dietician/nutritionist you then could also write about food/diet, nutrition, etc...
food seems to be your passion....

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for earning THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.
GET FREE ACCESS NOW

Blog Widget by LinkWithin