Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trips & Tips For Hiking


Today was a glorious day to go for a hike!
My neighbor invited me for a stroll through Mount Falcon Park,
2 Miles outside of Morrison, Colorado.
I read about the fantastic castle ruins,
once the Walker Home,and thought my kids would love it.


THE CHECKLIST
Water/Drinks
Bikes
Sneakers
Sunblock
Hats
Lunch/Snacks
Helmets
Light jackets
Wipes
Diapers
Formula
Kids

The trip started off strong.
Kate was beside herself to face forward and view the world
while holding on tight to her chirping chick,
which we brought along in case we would not
hear or see any real wildlife.

The children hopped on their bikes and rode down the 3 foot path at
raging speeds of approx. 1 1/2 Miles Per Hour.
Instantly, I lost sight of them as I began to holler amongst
the silent nature for all to take in and enjoy.


This is my neighbor Maria, who is NOT posing for this picture......

or this one............


The hike is filled with open fields of seasonal wildflowers and......buzzing bees.

This is Hope! Cute and happy girl riding my son's bike.

Hint to Parents: Do not bring bikes on trails for children under the age of 7,because sweet little girls like Hope and yourself will be carrying them back.Unless you are looking to improve on your cardio and weightlifting.

Before you knew it, we had arrived at the ruins.
The trail is fairly easy......no major inclines and breathtaking views along the way.



This is a photo of the home as it used to be.

This is how it is now.
My fireplace still doesn't look this good.
It was magnificent trying to envision the rooms and layout
of the home, based on what's left behind.


A view of the Red Rocks Amphitheater facing North.

At this point in the hike, Lance, my 3 year old discovered his first ECHO.

"Mom, I said Hiya and the clouds answered me back."

Gold mushrooms along the trail.

After the hike, we settled at a campground and had a picnic.
Kate ate Gummy Bears on a stick.
She was suckling on them until one of them disappeared.


All you Denverites and people visiting Colorado,
I would 100% recommend this hike.It's a short drive and a memorable adventure. Once you arrive at the ruins, there are various narrower and steeper trails that you can take,if you are feeling adventurous.












1 comment:

Denise K. said...

We live in Longmont, so I will have to check how far away this hiking trail is as it looks just beautiful!!!! What a gorgeous family you have...so happy to have discovered your blogs and how to live a purposeful life! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin