Monday, June 22, 2009

KIDS' DAY

Today I am sharing all things KIDS!
Kate loves Mama's Double Chocolate Muffins early in the morning.



Just because it's summer doesn't mean your kids brain has to fry in the Sun.

Keep them motivated by doing homework and crafts together.

I took this book out from the library, because Ethan is Dinosaur frantic.
We started cartooning together last year and had a blast.
I simply knew he would "flip" over this illustration guide.


We are best at stick figures, so a step-by-step book was perfect for us.

Have fun with it! Art is about interpretation not an exact science.

Artists can either bring the image to life, or they can be a little more "Abstract", like us. Encourage your children to let go of their fears of drawing and just express
themselves the way they know how.



Ethan's interpretation...........





My interpretation...........
We bonded and had a good hour of drawing various Dinosaurs, from T-Rex to the Saber toothed tiger.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVENICIO!!!!

You are looking at a picture of a boy who is going to take us into the next millennium with a Genius Invention. It is inspirational the way the mind and curiosity of this 11 year old works.He's taught me about ladybugs, sugar crystals, spiders, geckos, and the list goes on and on. I cannot begin to remember half of them, I just know that he is brilliant.


I am so in love with quilting and the idea that I can create whatever my little heart desires,that I have lined up 6 different projects for myself.
I took the boys on a little scavenger hunt through the quilt shop
and gave them free range to choose a fabric for their own quilt.

Lance chose this lively snake pattern.


Ethan went for the lizards!
He begged me to teach him how to quilt and has been
a huge help to me while sewing.
They were so enthusiastic at the store.


I found this soft pastel fabric that I will be using in a
Yellow Brick Road quilt pattern for my niece to be in September.


Last but not least, I finally had the chance to Shadow a Volunteer at Children's Hospital tonight. It was a slow night in the playroom, but such a treat to meet two girls in their early twenties with such humble personalities, who wanted to volunteer on their nights off, instead of watching mindless television at home. They each have full time jobs,in full time relationships, beautiful, athletic, intelligent, and caring. It was refreshing to see the capable hands of our future generation.






4 comments:

BUMBLE BEANS said...

what fun!great fabric expedition! gosh I wish i could come and meet miss kate! one of these days!

theresapop129 said...

This reminds me of learning how to draw dinasours with my brother back in the day!!
I simply LOVE Kate's pink headband!!!!!! She's got the perfect adorable face for it!!!
Please wish Avenicio a happy happy birthday from us New Yorkers!!!
I LOVE the fabric you chose for your neice to be come Sept!! (I hope that's my daughter you are talking about!!!) XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I love the boy's fabric choices. I'm looking forward to spending some quilting time with you.

Tell Avenicio Happy 11th Birthday.

Gail

Sneaky Momma said...

I can see why she likes those muffins! YUM!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin