Friday, March 13, 2009

Wilton Class: My First Cake


Last night was my second Wilton Class! We finally had the opportunity to make our first cake and learn some techniques. I am obsessed with leaves. That's why there is a leaf border around my cake.

The class has turned into more than I ever expected. I am making lots of new friends, a woman from India, two stay-at-home moms, and a teenage girl who is attending culinary school. Our passion for baking is the one common thread that unites us. Every single cake is unique because of its creator. It helps us get out of our box and acknowledge different ways of accomplishing a similar goal.

It is a fun, relaxing, and therapeutic two hours for me. I came home energized and excited about the next class. Finding a hobby can do wonders!!!

1 comment:

Fox-Pop said...

Congrats on your 1st cake and getting some much needed relaxation time!! Keep up the good work. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin