Monday, March 16, 2009

Preparing For A Bake Sale

This week, I will let you peek into my daily prep work for the
Cookies For Kids Cancer Bake sale to take place on Saturday. The Goal is: 50-60 dozen cookies, 25-32 cupcakes, and 25-32 bar cookies.













These are my chocolate chip & double-chocolate brownie cookies (click on name for recipe link), that I have frozen into little balls. After making the dough (this applies to drop cookies only):

1) shape dough into balls (using a 2 oz. ice cream scoop)
2) place the balls uncovered onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
3) place cookie sheet in the freezer and allow to freeze for approximately 10 mins.
4) remove balls from cookie sheet
5) place into zip lock bags with date, name, quantity, and cooking instructions
6) place bags back into freezer until you are ready to bake cookies

This allows you to prep in advance and not get caught up at the last minute.





















I also pre-made my sugar cookie dough, which I will shape into dresses, shoes, and purses, for my sponsor who is donating prom dresses. The sugar cookies only last for 3 days at room temperature, so I will wait to bake & decorate them on Thursday night.

Happy Baking Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin