Monday, March 9, 2009

BULK SHOP WITH FRIENDS

During this dire economy, I have been trying to come up with different solutions for cutting back and making the most out of our household income. One solution my girlfriends and I came up with is Bulk Shopping together.

Costco and Sam's Club offer some great deals, but do I really need 24 rolls of toilet paper right away? Do I have $200 to spend this particular weekend? No, I don't.

My friend and I made our lists, shopped together, and then split our purchases. The other advantage was, that we kept each other from buying unnecessary items out of temptation, and in the end its a lot more fun shopping with a girlfriend. Our total bill was $191 and divided by two, we spent under $100/each on groceries that will last at least two weeks. Grand slam! It felt good!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin