Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tomorrow Is Another Day

Hello,

I had a tough day emotionally yesterday and was considering not even making an entry in my blog, but the reality is that we all have our off days. Every phone call I answered yesterday morning bummed me out. I felt like an elephant was stepping on my chest and refused to get off. I tried not get stuck in my self pity mode but the phone would not allow it.

Mid-afternoon, I decided I would no longer pick up anyone's calls and try to put myself on track again. My kids were the first to cheer me up with their darling faces and upbeat attitude. Afterwards, Kurt insisted that I take a drive to get some fresh air. I got in my car and the MRAZ song came on and I was already feeling better yelping the tune in my car.....thank goodness the windows were closed.

I went to the store and picked up a small box of my favorite chocolates (Rocher) and a bottle of German Riesling to have with my dinner....not the whole bottle, just a glass. I looked at the dim sky and I felt relief that the day was almost over and that tomorrow I could start over again.

At home, we had a nice dinner followed by Rocher chocolates. I was beginning to fully enjoy my day at 8PM. I wrapped up my niece's birthday gift which also made me feel better, because I love pretty girly things. Once I finished that task I took on one of my decoupage projects. It turned out OK...not bad for a first try. I will show a picture after V-Day so that grandma doesn't see it before then. I was going to tell her that the kids made it so she could pardon the amateurish look, but I suppose the secret is out now.

I finally shut my brain down at midnight and woke up this morning feeling renewed. Thank God that He gave me the opportunity at another sunrise to try and make this one work!!

3 comments:

Fox-Pop said...

I am soooo sorry you had a tough day yesterday. I pray today is a better one for you. XOXOXO

Ashley said...

Sorry about your down day...it happens, life happens. We don't have to get it right all the time! I hope today that you were able to shine!

corn said...

Thanks to both of you for your support and kind words :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin