Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the award goes to.........

I loved the Oscars last night. Enjoyed the new look of the theater, the intimacy, the fashion, the acceptance speeches, but most of all the green gems on Angelina Jolie....LOL!!! We suspect she drilled to the center of the Earth for those.

We threw an intimate party last night and had so much fun. Everyone brought over a yummy treat and we drank Champagne Punch. We voted on all the categories before the show started and the winner chose a prize out of my "goody bag" filled with surprises from the Dollar Store (my newest obsession). Of course, the person that made out like a champ was also the one that "claimed" to have not seen any of the movies (yes, I am referring to you Sarah). We are convinced that we got scammed...LOL!!

The night was a success due to hanging out with good friends as well as making new friends. It made the Academy Awards more interesting and not such a drag to watch, although Kurt constantly found something to do the entire evening. He does not like any sort of award ceremony.

Next year, I intend on wearing a ball gown myself with all the bling and accessories of a movie star. I will also build a stage in front of my fireplace for the fabulous acceptance speeches that we will be making ourselves.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That sounds like a really fun evening. I watched the Oscars, too. It is a guilty pleasure of mine...I loved the opening number!

I'm behind on reading your blog, so I am going to go get caught up!

CORN said...

It was fun! I thought Hugh Jackman was great too :)

Anonymous said...

i want to see the bling and the dress!!!:)
i love you
luvs angel

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun! What a pleasure it was spending the evening with you all :)

Sara

Blog Widget by LinkWithin