Friday, January 23, 2009

Donate A Book




TGIF Everyone!!

I was driving by my local library when I noticed a huge banner with the words USED Book Sale, This Weekend. I came home and looked through the numerous boxes I have in my garage of books, that I haven't used in ages. The library has offered me and my family free entertainment and priceless knowledge for years and now it gave me the opportunity to "Pay It Forward." I pulled out a box and filled it with about 15 books that I wanted to donate.


I walked over to the counter and handed the librarian my box that weighed at least 2 tons. She took a glimpse inside and shouted with excitement, "Cookbooks? Woohoo!" I really wasn't expecting that much enthusiasm from her, but it sure made my day.


I walked out with a smile on my face, a tax credit form, and a spring in my step for doing something good for my neighborhood.



With love,


Corn


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin